Dear Members and Friends of First Presbyterian,
After much prayer and discussion, we have decided to continue with our worship service this Sunday, 3/15. However, the decision has been made by the Deacons to cancel coffee hour for this week. We will continue to monitor the situation and evaluate our plans week to week and keep you informed.
First Presbyterian’s Leadership Response:
In light of the current situation, we are putting into place precautionary measures as detailed below (among other steps):
- Ushers will welcome and greet you when you enter but will not be shaking hands. Bulletins will be available on a table for you to pick up when you enter the sanctuary.
- We are encouraging the practice of Social Distancing and ask you to please spread out in the sanctuary, alternating pews.
- We will also be wiping down handles and hard surfaces throughout the facility before, and after services
Your Personal Response:
- Understand proper self-care and prevention measures to avoid spreading the virus. More information can be found at www.cdc.gov.
- As it relates to greeting one another, be mindful and considerate of others who may not want to participate in physical contact during this time.
- If you or any of your family members are feeling sick, please stay home. If you feel you are at risk, please stay home.
We encourage those who are ill or do not wish to come to in person services, to worship remotely on Sunday evenings at 7pm with our Presbytery Resource Presbyter, Karen Chamis. Services are free and open to anyone with a computer, smart phone or tablet. Registration is required, you can sign up using the provided link: https://zoom.us/.
Please do not hesitate to call the office if you are in need of anything. We are family, so if you need a friendly voice, please call, if you need groceries, please call, if you are ill and need help please call, and if you are healthy, please call! Please remember to check in on your friends and neighbors. If you hear of a member in need of assistance, please let us know.
For Session – we will still meet Monday night to plan our way forward.
Thank you all again for your patience with on this – keep all affected with this disease, the scientists and doctors working to mitigate it, and First Presbyterian in your prayers.
Clerk of Session