Why Our Giving Matters
Christian stewardship can be defined as utilizing and managing all resources God provides for the glory of God and the betterment of His creation. The giving of our time, talents, and treasure is a way for us to express gratitude for all the gifts that God has given.
At the First Presbyterian Church in Cazenovia our giving accomplishes many things including:
- Our worship together on Sunday mornings in a warm, well-maintained building, with inspirational music and messages, thanks to our staff, leadership boards, choir, and other volunteers.
- We provide a venue for community activities from blood drives to band practice.
- Our outreach giving supports worthy organizations in our local community, our region, and beyond.
- Dedicated members of our church family provide blankets for baptisms, and meals for the Ronald McDonald House.
- We each represent our community of faith at our place of work and throughout the greater community as we volunteer and support other worthwhile causes.
Please take a moment to celebrate the contribution of time, talent, and treasure that you make to our Christian community. Be grateful for the difference it makes in the lives of others, and rejoice in the happiness that giving brings to the giver.
As Thanksgiving approaches, and you acknowledge God’s grace in your life, consider how you might support the church in 2024. In order to accommodate the many ways people give, we have removed “pledge” from the vocabulary, and are asking instead for a statement of giving intent. This statement of intention is not binding, but it can give our church leadership a better understanding of what our resources will be in 2024, and so we ask for your participation.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others – Mahatma Gandhi
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give – Winston Churchill
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
Your Stewardship Committee,
Craig Buckhout, Chris Jenner, Brad Johnson, Steve McEntee, Rev. Anna Gheen (ex-officio)
First Presbyterian Church of Cazenovia – 2024 Pledge Form
My Stewardship Commitment
Grateful for God’s love revealed in Jesus Christ, and to keep the promise I made when I became an active member, I plan to give the following as evidence of my stewardship to Christ’s mission.